Young Religious Unitarian Universalists (YRUU)
High Schoolers remain in the 10:30 Sunday worship service. They are encouraged to participate in the "Justice For All" Action Circle on 1st Sundays after the service each month, or the "New Moon Rising" Worship Circle which meets after the service on the 1st and 3rd Sundays. See "Justice For All" and "New Moon Rising" for more details (all ages).
Depending on individual interests, teens can choose to sing in the choir, be a worship associate, assist in the nursery, participate in YRUU activities, or other meaningful tasks as desired (contact Jackie Triplett to discuss possibilities).
YRUU, in coordination with the Joseph Priestley District (JPD) Youth Steering Committee (YSC) and the Capitol Area Cluster of UU churches provides quarterly Youth Con (conference) activities for youth aged 14 to 20. The UUA Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministries publishes a monthly e-newsletter and an ongoing blog Blue Boat.
Monthly YRUU activities can be planned by contacting Jackie Triplett. Activities from previous years include:
- Quarterly district Youth Cons (conferences)
- Busch Gardens "Howl-O-Scream"
- Movie nights
- Pizza parties
- Kayaking in local creeks and streams
- Soccer, volleyball or softball at the annual picnic
- Tending the garden at the homeless shelter
- Coming of Age trip to Boston
- Attend Union Sunday at First UU in Baltimore to celebrate the origins of Unitarianism in the United States.
Please contact Jackie Triplett at email@example.com for more information.